-->

21/08/2014

How to make studying easier

I've been starting to question the accuracy of some longer words in Finnish - my native language! - such as harvinainen (=rare) and näyteikkuna (=display window) 

I guess that is what long summer holidays and a sudden start of school do to you.

Or the fact that you haven't been writing long texts in any other languages than English. Or maybe you've just got too much on your mind. Whoops. At the moment, my timetable is just about full of languages which means that I actually have over 10 hours of English every week and some hours of Spanish and French. But what about the subject that is not a language?

Well, the odd one out is psychology. Which I truly, immensely adore, but for some reason, there has now been a slight decrease in my motivation towards the whole subject. And actually, I wouldn't necessarily talk of a slight decrease... All the famous psychologists and their theories, and especially putting their theories into practice by writing long essays with clarifying examples, which are full of scientific vocabulary, make me feel tired and hopeless. Blurgh. I'm just fed up with it.

 
Since the frightening fact is that autumn's matriculation examination is getting closer day by day, I thought I would try to explain how I approach problems in psychology and English on a daily/weekly basis. It's great to know different kinds of learning techniques, as it has been scientifically proven that students with multiple study techniques gain better grades, in general. (ironically, remember this from a psychology lesson!) This image sums up how I study the big pictures. It's also what I tell some of my friends to do when they are having a hard time with maths. (disclaimer: I'm no mathemagician; I don't even study advanced maths at school) I think this graph works pretty well for any subject. And hey, even though some of you might be thinking "no way, not those lists again!" I only have to say that rational thinking is in each and every one of us, but when it comes to important exams, a lot of us feel stressed out and forget to slow down and just think about the situation.

Of course there are other crucial things such as eating, sleeping, friends, exercise etc, and I have to confess: sleeping and exercising could be a lot better for my part, but I don't feel like listing the obvious points. Also you should find your own learning techniques (I spoke about fun ways to learn languages in this post), realise when you're too tired to study, have breaks and even drink some water while your studying. You know what? I've just realised I feel too tired to write any more text, so I'll have to get going now. Oh, and no worries, I do have a life besides all this studying. At least I think I do.

0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment